Chicago “DODO” Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc.
Educational Assistance Program
The Chicago Chapter of the Tuskegee Airmen, Inc., provides scholarships through its Educational Assistance Program (EAP). The objective of the EAP is to provide economic assistance to students wishing to continue their personal and academic growth by attending accredited post secondary institutions of higher learning in the form of financial awards to students who emulate and honor the Tuskegee Airmen. Successful candidates are students whose accomplishments model the characteristics of discipline, education, excellence, perseverance and achievement which were epitomized by the Tuskegee Airmen.
The EAP has established two categories of scholarship awards:
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Scholarships ($1,500) Local Chapter Application. – Distribution of the award is based upon acceptance at any accredited institution as a full-time student pursuing an emphasis in STEM related fields of study.
- Merit Scholarships for $1,000 (Local Chapter App.) and $1,500 (National Organization App)
Distribution of the award is based upon academic performance in conjunction with school, extra-curricular and community activities.
The Chicago Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. has established the Educational Assistance Program (EAP) Scholarships for students who demonstrate the following characteristics:
• A Vision of their own potential;
• A Commitment to excellence, perseverance and service;
• A Thirst for knowledge, personal growth and positive societal change;
• Honor and Integrity in actions and behaviors;
• Respect for self, others and a desire preserve and promote the Tuskegee Airmen legacy.
The Chicago Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. will provide awards to qualified high school seniors who will attend an accredited institution as a full-time student the fall of the succeeding school year. The following criteria must be met:
• High school graduation in the spring of the current school year
• Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• ACT composite of 18 or higher and/or SAT equivalent
• Must be a resident of the Chicago-land area.
The Educational Assistance Committee of the Chicago Chapter of the Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. congratulates you on your decision to pursue higher education. We look forward to receiving your completed application. It is recommended that you make copies of all documents before mailing to the post office box. Also, please notify the following individual via email that the application has been mailed: Charlie Richardson, CMS (RET) USAF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to an optional face-to-face interview with the Educational Assistance Committee, the entire application package is evaluated. Before mailing, the applicant should verify the completeness of the package by verifying and checking the items below:
1. Completed application
2. High school transcript, evidencing a minimum 3.0 grade point average
3. An essay titled “The Tuskegee Airmen”, typed, double-spaced not to exceed one (1) page
4. An essay titled “I Am”, typed, double-spaced not to exceed two (2) pages
5. One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach or other school official
6. One letter of recommendation from a community leader, faith leader or other non-academic (no family members).
You may be eligible to apply for both Scholarships (Local & National). Review the eligibility criteria & get started today!
National Tuskegee Airmen Foundation (TASF) Scholarship
The National TASF Scholarship Application **Postmark Deadline – NOT LATER THAN Jan. 25, 2021**
Chicago area students should mail all
Scholarship Applications to:
Chicago Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc.
Educational Assistance Program
P.O. Box 558403
Chicago, IL 60655
Attn: Charlie Richardson, CMS (ret.) USAF
CDCTAI – EAP Chairman
Donating allows us to continue to serve the community as well as support the up keep of the resources here on the site. If you are a potential sponsor, please use the Donor/Sponsor page to reach out to us.